Y3PL Android just released a new feature allows you to pack your outbound shipments into cartons. With this feature, it enables many possible add-on abilities in the future.
Before using this feature in this guide, note there's a few setups in the main system:
- Inventories are set up with the correct UOM with key word: Carton (i.e. 12 Units / Carton)
- Packages are set up in Settings => Configurations => Packages. This allows your mobile app to enter cartons with just a click.
We will be using an example to demonstrate this new feature. Let's say we have a shipment with the following:
Each item had a base UOM of Each and carton UOM that has 12 units inside.
After the order is fulfilled by our Android app, a "Pack" button will show up:
When you click on the "Pack" button, you will be navigated to a new page looks like this:
You have 2 options here:
Add Carton: this will create a new carton for you (image below).
If you tap on the "Use New Carton", then all your existing packages will show up, you can select an existing carton and all related fields will be automatically filled in.
On the bottom of the screen, there are 3 buttons:
- Product: this will open a product input page where you can scan SKU or UPC code, enter quantities, and / or enter expire date of the products in this carton.
- All: this will automatically add all products in this shipment into this carton.
- Confirm: once products are added, clicking on confirm will temporarily save this carton on your device so that you can add more cartons.
UOM: this will automatically create all cartons if your products have UOM key term "Carton" set up.
After all your cartons are entered, simply click on "Save" button and it will validate the content of all your cartons. If you packed all quantities correctly, it will save it. Otherwise, you will receive an error.