After you join Y3PL, you'll want to have all your existing inventories set up in the system. We recommend the following steps to get this done. Depending on the size of your operation, this could be done in a few hours or up to few days.
- Get an accurate list of inventories and unit of measures for all clients. Unit of measures are very import if you are billing customer by carton received or shipped. Also, it's the key to calculate daily cubic meter storage. Generally speaking, each inventory SKU should have 2 UOMs - Unit and Carton.
- Print some license numbers with barcodes. License number should be sequential.
- In your existing warehouse, do a inventory count using the license numbers printed above with the following information for each SKU for each 3PL client
SKU License # Qty In LP Lot # Expire Quarantined Bin Location ABC100 1001 50 N A101 ABC100 1002 25 N A102 ABC101 1003 100 12345 2020-02-01 N A103 ABC101 1004 1 12345 2020-02-01 Y A104
- Once step 3 is finished, re-organize the data into two Excel spreedsheet - inventory count sheet and put away sheet.
- You can get the inventory count sheet by going to Reports -> Select client -> Inventory Count Sheet -> Excel format
- You can get the put away sheet by going to Operations -> License Plates -> Upload Putaway
- Upload them back into the system. Note you need to upload put away sheet first
Once you finish step number 3, send your data file of each client to us, we will take care of step 4 and 5 for you. Inventory count sheet is a very complicated file to construct and we will be glad to help you with that.